In addition to the resources below, see the links for individual items on the main Earth Songs page.
Broken Link Warning: All these links worked properly when posted. It may be that some of these links are now "broken." This is NOT my fault. The inventor of the World Wide Web, Tim Berners-Lee, specified from the very beginning that whenever a page located on a computer linked to the Web changed its location, it was the responsibility of the webmaster for the host computer to put in a "re-direct" auto-forward or link to the new location. Webmasters aren't supposed to re-organize their website and remove a page wholesale at a whim. Webmasters have a responsibility to the global World Wide Web to keep the links working on their website, by putting in these automatic re-directs. Unfortunately, many webmasters fail to do this. I do not take responsibility for any of these links being "broken" merely because they are old. Please file your omplaint to the originator of the website, if you can find them, not me!
- Earthday.fm is a new web radio station which draws from a playlist of 5,000 songs with environmental, indigenous, and empowerment lyrics. This environmental music spans six decades and many genres, including rock, metal, blues, reggae, country, and folk. For background about the site, see www.earthdayradio.org.
- Planet Patriot Earth Songs iMix available on iTunes Music Store - free music previews!
Are you a musician? If every musician writes a song to stop global warming, the world will listen. Join the MUSE Campaign to write and record a song about our environmental crisis!
- The Earthman Project - Uses the power of music, video, the arts, and integrated web design promoting environmental protection. Songs include include "Earth Anthem," "Earthman Blues," "H2O," and a music video with wonderful photographs of the Everlgades in "River of Grass" - a tribute to environmentalist Marjorie Stoneman Douglas. Home page includes a built-in flash music player with streaming audio of the featured songs. Songs feature a calypso beat, with positive themes about world peace and environmental protection. Sponsored by Miami-Dade Public Schools and several south Florida environmental agencies.
- Musicians United to Sustain the Environment (M.U.S.E.) - Outstanding group of musicians raise funds for grassroots environmental projects
- Eco-Music for Kids - from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation
- Earth Day Everyday Radio Station Project - includes an Eco Audio Inventory - a collection of 2,500 environmental songs!
- Zero-24-7 - ZPG Web Radio
- LOE's Environmental Songs Interview of Fred Small - from National Public Radio's "Living on Earth" series.
- Earth First! Music for the Movement- a catalog of environmental CDs (Out of print).
- Rainforest Jukebox - From Australia, John Seed and author artists perform several albums with an environmental message. Includes sound samples.
- Harold's Folk Music Links
- Songs About John Muir - 8 songs about or inspired by John Muir's love of the wilderness
- John Muir Bibliography Music Page - Complete listing of songs and order information
- John Muir Tribute CD - A fabulous collection of music and quotes inspired by John Muir
- Songs for Environmental Education - Join this community of environmental educators who sing their message!
- Songs for Teaching about Environmental Concerns - from the Songs for Teaching website
- Earth Ear - Exploring nature's voices, humanity's soundings, and the myriad ways they can be woven into creative new expressions.
- Environmental Songs Audiotapes for Children - A list by Nancy Schimmel
- Webdirectory Environmental Music Links
- Apple Core Company -The songs "Save the Earth" is on the "Stop and Think" by The Right Choice Kids album and "Litterbug Blues" is on the "Make the Right Choice" album.
- Nature Sound Studio - Featuring the Sounds of Birds, Frogs, Insects, and Mammals, recorded by Lang Elliott. See especially Songs of Frogs -- wonderful photos and sound clips of frog songs!
- Music Can Change the World - submit a song for next year's album, or buy last year's album "Kings of the World"
- Musicians United for Songs in the Classroom - Lots of music-related classroom activities involving songs and social and health issues.
- Musician's and Fine Artists for World Peace - Join this organization promoting world peace. From Butterfly Gardener's Association.
- Musicians and Artists for World Peace and Transformation - Woodstock Nation portion of this joint project
- Centre for Political Song - An academic organization fostering an appreciation of the role of political song in social, political and cultural life.
- Eco-Folk Music article by David Kupfer - originally in Whole Earth Review, now available on the Clan Dyken website.
- Grinning Planet.com Environmental Music - Songs for a Better Planet - environmental songs, or songs related to environmental issues. Reviews and partial lyrics to some songs are available here.
- Songs to Celebrate Henry W. Coe State Park - Many of these songs are sing-able elsewhere too. Songs are based on well-known melodies - e.g. "Edelweiss" becomes "Poison Oak" (singable anywhere in California!),'Imagine" becomes a song about having a quiet campground; "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" becomes "Somewhere Over the Next Ridge" - you get the idea.
- Earth Mama - Joyce Rouse - Joyce Rouse, whose stage moniker is "Earth Mama," is an environmental entertainer and motivational speaker who uses song and humor to teach concepts like ecospirituality, sustainable living, biodiversity and SRI (socially responsible investing). Her programs and CDs are highly inspirational, giving new commitment to preserving our beloved Earth. Don't miss her latest album, Under the Rainbow.
- Eco Elvis - Kansas City's own environmentally friendly Elvis impersonator, who says, "I'm here to get you all shook up about takin' care of the environment!" Song titles include Burnin' Globe (Burning Love), Can't Help Recycling It All (Can't Help Falling In Love), etc. Check out sound clips of "Earth Day Rock," "Compost Hotel," "Viva Las Vegans," "I Reduce, I Reduce, I Recycle," or others.
- Mama Earth - Gina Citoli - Gina Citoli addresses peace and environmental issues in her powerful rock music. She has an outstanding and powerful voice. Most recently the Hollywood Spiritual Film And Entertainment Festival has recognized her song, "It All Comes Down to Love" as "Best Spiritual Rock Song" as well as Gina and Merry Citoli's song "Someday When Christmas Never Ends." Her latest project is " Mama Earth's Cabaret," based on the works of Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., Dr. Wayne Dyer, Gregg Braden, and other great thinkers. Gina is a student and teacher of the environment and human potential movement and has blended her musical talents with this knowledge to create Mama Earth. Don't miss her Mama Earth CD "An Extra Ordinary Musical" sound rrack.
- Enuf! - A-Way
This band features "Enviro-Boogie" - music with a mission AND a beat! Their website is fantastic! Don't miss the section on "Wastruments"TM! Enuf! makes music sometimes using instruments are made from things that normally get recycled or sent to landfill. Downloadable music and lyrics are also featured. Enuf! also offers live performances and two workshops: Worms, and WastrumentsTM
- Weapons of Sound - This UK band is a professional team of percussionists who play on nothing other than recycled junk instruments i.e. kitchen sinks, gas pipes, shopping trolleys and much more. since 1993, they have played at a variety of educational, environmental awareness, festival and corporate performances and workshops. This band is best appreciated on their YouTube Video page.
- Loriel Golden - Sequoia and other environmental and peace songs
- JoySounds - Music by composer, music educator, and peace activist Sharon Joy - dedicated to promoting peace and harmony in the world, especially through the use of music, education, and intercultural dialogue. Includes her award-winning CD, We are the Future, an uplifting set of 10 songs for young singers that reflect a sense of hope and vision that begins with young people, but includes people of all ages, races, creeds, nationalities and religious affiliations. The songs promote a positive view of the world, a commitment to personal responsibility for our environment and society, and an attitude of hope that we can celebrate our differences and work together for a better world.
- Magpie - To hear what twenty-five years of dedication to human rights and environmental protection sounds like, listen to the legendary folk due Magpie (Greg Artzner and Terry Leonino).
- Casey Neill Radical Environmentalist Rock Music
- Utah Phillips - Progressive interview by David Kupfer (Sept. 2003)
- Walkin' Jim Stoltz - Walkin' Jim's deep, powerful voice and wilderness-inspired lyrics are unequalled among eco-folk musicians! Great website!
- Bill Oliver - Environmental Troubadour and singer-songwriter, composer of "Have to Have a Habitat," "Muir Power to You" and lots of other great environmental songs! Check out his classic album "Habitat" and his new album "Friend of the River."
- Stan Slaughter - Eco-Troubadour - educational songs about recycling, solid waste, household hazardous waste, groundwater, and toxins.
- J.P. Taylor and the Academics - Singin' for the Earth
- Jim Low's Australian Environmental Songs - lyrics
- Douglas Wood - author, Composer, Wilderness Guide, Speaker
Other Science Songs Links
- Physics Songs Links
- AstroCapella - AstroCappella: A Musical Exploration of the Universe AstroCappella is a marriage of astronomy and music, developed by astronomers and professionally recorded by the a cappella group The Chromatics.
- Science Songs - download MP3s, Includes two albums of Nature Songs
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Sing-Along Songs, Midis, & Lyrics -
Earth Songs Home
- Audio Sources for Earth Songs
- Albums Featuring Environmental Songs
- Individual Earth Songs by Various Artists
- Instrumental Earth Music
- Environmental Songbooks
- Environmentalists in Song
- Songs of World Peace
- Environmental Music Links
This page is maintained by Harold Wood.
E-mail: harold (at) planetpatriot.net